About the position
Our Computer Vision for AI team is working on cutting-edge research and applications that have a strong impact on the business of IBM and its clients. Focal areas span spatial scene understanding in the context of augmented reality and robotics applications and figure and diagram understanding in the context of document analysis. Our philosophy is to combine classic model-based techniques, for which a strong theoretical foundation exists, with highly experimental deep-learning approaches.
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Robotics or a related field
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ and Python
- Strong theoretical understanding of classical computer vision techniques and deep-learning architectures
- Proven track record of conducting independent research
- Practical experience with deep-learning frameworks
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience with continuous integration frameworks and adherence to coding standards.
IBM is committed to diversity at the workplace. With us you will find an open, multicultural environment. Excellent flexible working arrangements enable both women and men to strike the desired balance between their professional development and their personal lives.
How to apply
Please send your complete CV, including a list of publications and skills, as well as contact information for three references to
IBM Research – Zurich