Systems for large-scale machine learning
About the position
The Cloud Storage and Analytics team at IBM Research – Zurich is conducting state-of-the-art research related to systems for large-scale machine learning. Our work includes design, optimization, and implementation of systems and frameworks for high-performance machine learning in scale-out and cloud environments. The group is working at the intersection of cloud systems and machine learning research, with expertise on fast storage, network, and distributed systems as well as on algorithm design for machine learning. The team has a track record of direct impact on the IBM public Cloud, including a data-storage service that is optimized for nonvolatile storage, as well as a service that accelerates popular ML models on modern CPU/GPU computing systems
We are seeking outstanding post-doctoral researchers to contribute to the above research topics.
Candidates are expected to have the following background and interests
- PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field
- Excellent programming skills (C++, Python, C)
- Strong distributed systems and operating systems background
- Practical experience with machine-learning frameworks
- Experience with cloud environments, continuous integration frameworks, and adherence to coding standards
- Proven track record of conducting independent research
- Self-motivated and passionate about problem-solving
- Excellent written and oral communication and teamwork skills
Positions are available immediately for a duration of 18 months. The successful candidates will enjoy an internationally competitive salary and work in a collaborative and creative group in an exclusive research environment.
IBM is committed to diversity at the workplace. With us you will find an open, multicultural environment. Excellent flexible working arrangements enable all genders to strike the desired balance between their professional development and their personal lives.
How to apply
Candidates with the background and interests listed above are encouraged to send their CV including publication list and references to:
IBM Research – Zurich