Applied Artificial Intelligence
A postdoctoral position is available for an experienced and highly motivated data scientist to join the Smart System Integration team at IBM Research in Zurich that is embedded in a strong, worldwide IBM data science community. The successful candidate will have a strong interdisciplinary background in computer science, and experience in front and back-end programming, as well as pattern recognition and deep learning. AI with human-centric connected devices can revolutionize medicine and boost quality-of-life in our society. Our team pushes this frontier with a platform for seamless integration of sensors and machine learning to support patients by virtual coaching. To integrate machine learning with heterogeneous data from connected devices to drive domain-specific insights, we are creating an innovative, interdisciplinary team.
- Background in computer science and strong programming skills
- Experience on the development of front and backend prototypes
- Experience with microservice architectures and continuous integration
- Digital signal processing for time-series data
- Machine learning from statistical and probabilistic models to deep learning
- Experience on model life cycles and deployment
- Model robustness, explainability, continual and distributed learning methods
- Multi-variate time series prediction and audio data classification
- Experience in IoT, digital health/biomarkers, & human-machine interaction
- Big data storage and processing on distributed systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
IBM is committed to diversity at the workplace. With us you will find an open, multicultural environment. Excellent flexible working arrangements enable all genders to strike the desired balance between their professional development and their personal lives.
How to apply
Please submit your CV including contact information for two or three references.
For technical questions: Please contact Dr. Bruno Michel, firstname.lastname@example.org, Manager Smart System Integration