Community Advocate Interns
IBM Quantum is an industry first initiative with the ultimate goal of building universal quantum computers for business, engineering and science. This effort includes advancing the entire quantum computing technology stack, exploring applications to make quantum broadly usable and accessible, and growing the field of quantum computing. With a worldwide network of Fortune 500 companies, academic institutions, researchers, educators, and enthusiasts, we are not only committed to driving innovation for our clients in the IBM Q Network but also to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive next generation of quantum workforce and a global community of quantum enthusiasts.
In order to build the core of such a global community IBM has the Quantum Community Team which works on a broad range of activities, such as creation of educational content (such as the Qiskit textbook), organization of seminars, summer/winter schools, meet-ups and outreach events, among many others.
At IBM Research Europe in Zurich, we are building a dynamic and highly motivated European Quantum Community Team for developing and supporting the next generation of quantum workforce and Quantum Community in Europe. We are looking for IBM Quantum Community Advocate Interns to strengthen the team.
The interns will have the opportunity to:
- Learn more about Qiskit (our open-source framework for quantum computing)
- Develop educational material based on Qiskit
- Contribute to the Qiskit textbook which is used globally by thousands of quantum enthusiasts
- Organize several type of events/community activities
- Expand their network inside and outside IBM
- Receive mentorship from IBM researchers and others
- Collaborate with peers working in the field of quantum computing
- Get access to state-of-the-art quantum processors and devices at IBM
- Gain a broad experience in quantum research, from fundamental to applied
- Get exposure to the wide range of research happening at IBM
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Chemistry
- Good Quantum Computing knowledge
- Basic Qiskit knowledge
- Enthusiasm for outreach and community building events
- Basic programming skills (Python)
- Based in Europe
- Working as PhD student on Quantum Computing
- Good Qiskit knowledge (ex: you have already run few small projects or contributed to GitHub)
- Have attended a Qiskit focus IBM event such as: Qiskit Advocate test, IBM Quantum Challenge, Global Summer School, etc.
- Enthusiasm about teaching Quantum Computing and developing educational material
IBM Research Europe in Zurich (https://www.zurich.ibm.com/)
As soon as possible / Beginning of 2021
Full time / Part-time
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to diversity at the workplace. With us you will find an open, multicultural environment. Excellent flexible working arrangements enable all genders to strike the desired balance between their professional development and their personal lives.
How to apply
Please submit your application including CV