AI for Business Insights
The IBM Research Europe Laboratory in Zurich is leading the design of innovative automated machine learning and deep learning platforms, targeting enterprises that aim to accelerate traditional human-supervised procedures, with automated services based on AI models. In particular, the Scalable Knowledge Ingestion team focusses on the development of technologies to ingest large corpora of technical documents and extract/explore the knowledge contained in them.
Toward this goal, we are looking to strengthen our team with a highly motivated and skilled intern to design and develop use cases of our AI platform in the in the financial and business intelligence domain. The key objectives consist of identifying compelling questions from business decision makers and contributing to the automation of the typical processes that address those questions through our AI platform.
The candidate will work at the IBM Research Laboratory in Zurich, in the Scalable Knowledge Ingestion group for 6 months, having the opportunity to work in a unique corporate environment, acquire experience in several areas, publish in top international conferences, learn how to innovate technology, as well as deal with client requests and needs on real business cases.
- Design thinking of the capabilities for our AI platform in the Business Insights domain (vision, value proposition, persona, compelling use cases, competitive market review).
- Identification, gathering and development of data sets, financial/business related taxonomies, and key performance indicators (KPI) in the enterprise domain.
- Identification of human-supported procedures for enterprise business insights that may be suitable for automation with our AI platform.
- Extension of the existing knowledge discovery capabilities of our AI platform, including the development of search workflows to address business insights or the application of AI models like entity recognition or classification.
- Interact with SMEs in IBM to eventually gather new ideas, requirements, and plan validation.
- BSc in a scientific domain (computer science, mathematics, physics…) or in Economics/Finance with a solid base in econometrics or statistics.
- Software programming skills. Knowledge of Python is a good addition.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Self-motivated with passion for technology and innovation.
IBM is committed to diversity at the workplace. With us you will find an open, multicultural environment. Excellent flexible working arrangements enable all genders to strike the desired balance between their professional development and their personal lives.
How to apply
If you are interested in this exciting position, please submit your most recent curriculum and relevant university transcripts.
For more information on technical questions please contact Dr. Peter Staar TAA@zurich.ibm.com