Hybrid Cloud Cognitive Computing Cluster
The IBM Research Europe Laboratory in Zurich is establishing a new Hybrid Cloud Cognitive Computing Cluster infrastructure and we are looking to strengthen our team with a highly motivated and skilled Linux System Administrator / Network Services Specialist with a two year fixed term contract (possible conversion to a permanent position).
With your wide experience in system administration as well as network administration and your passion for new technology and innovation you have the optimal qualifications for this position in an international team.
You will work at the IBM Research Laboratory in Zurich, in the Information Services team that is part of the global Research Emerging Technology Engineering group. It offers you the opportunity to work in a unique corporate research environment and you will be the focal point for establishing and operating the new Cognitive Computing Cluster environment serving the European labs within the global IBM Research division.
- Initial deployment of the new Hybrid Cloud Cognitive Computing Cluster based on a pre-defined architecture
- Provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, storage and related infrastructure. You will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational requirements and corporate standards
- Network engineering & management / operation of complex TCP/IP based local area and Cloud network infrastructure in a heterogenous multi-vendor environment, with a strong emphasis on Cisco Systems and Palo Alto Networks
- Operation, monitoring, troubleshooting and support of the Hybrid Cloud Cognitive Computing Cluster and related network infrastructure
- Ensuring and maintaining a strong security posture and compliance on all systems according to IBM Security standards and requirements.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education with a technical focus on engineering or computer science
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Linux system administration / network engineering
- A broad knowledge and experience in Linux (RHEL) and the centralized management of such systems
- Experience in Container Technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Experience in implementing Cisco based network infrastructure and services (switches, routers, firewalls/IPS, VPNs, IPSEC, SSL). Experience with network routing protocols, BGP, OSPF, MPLS
- Ability to speak and write German and English fluently
- Self-motivated, solution-oriented and team-oriented with a passion for technology and innovation
IBM is committed to diversity at the workplace. With us you will find an open, multicultural environment. Excellent flexible working arrangements enable all genders to strike the desired balance between their professional development and their personal lives.
How to apply
Interested candidates please submit your application below.