The Binnig and Rohrer Nanotechnology Center (BRNC), located on the campus of the IBM Research Laboratory is a public-private partnership between IBM Research and the Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule (ETH) and conducts exploratory and applied research for micro- and nanoelectronics, MEMS/NEMS, photonics, sensors, and quantum technology. The cleanroom facilities within this center include a broad set of tools for micro- and nanofabrication.
To strengthen the cleanroom Operation Team, we are looking for a
Microfabrication Specialist (100%)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Operation of a set of processing tools to support various scientific projects of the cleanroom user community
- Performance of tool trainings for cleanroom users
- Process development, user consulting and tool maintenance
- General operation of the cleanroom
- Engineering or science degree and several years of working experience
- Expert skills for micro- and nanofabrication in a cleanroom environment
- Broad knowledge of tools and processes for thin film deposition, dry etching and metrology is highly desired
- Ability to work in an open, multi-cultural environment, and good communication and English language skills
IBM is committed to diversity at the workplace. With us you will find an open, multicultural environment. Excellent flexible working arrangements enable all genders to strike the desired balance between their professional development and their personal lives.
How to apply
If you are interested in this challenging position, please apply here.
If you have questions please contact
Dr. Roland Germann, Manager Nanocenter Operations (firstname.lastname@example.org, +41 (0)44 724 8402).