Cognitive Computing & Industry Solutions
At IBM Research, we invent things that matter to the world. Today, we are pioneering the most promising and disruptive technologies that will transform industries and society, including the future of AI, Blockchain and Quantum Computing. We are driven to discover. With more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents, IBM Research is one of the world’s largest and most influential corporate research labs. The Research Lab is a place where scientists, professors, and students collaborate to drive the frontiers of AI. If you're interested in working with some of the world’s most talented researchers to advance AI, we may have an opportunity for you!
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Software Engineer to join the Cognitive Computing & Industry Solutions department at IBM Research Europe — Zurich.
Software Engineer Role
This position requires someone with a strong personal drive and a hands-on attitude to analyze requirements and potential solutions, discussing alternatives with the team, and then lead the implementation. Through close collaboration with a broad team of world-class researchers working on high-impact healthcare and life sciences topics such as the accelerated discovery of molecules and biomarkers, the candidate will have the opportunity to define and develop novel platforms, tools, and methodologies for enabling and scaling cutting-edge research.
- Knowledge and experience in algorithms and data structures, as well as various programming paradigms (incl. OOP and functional) and languages (incl. Python)
- Experience delivering software into production, incl. agile methodologies, tools and processes such as CI/CD and test-driven development (TDD)
- Containerization and orchestration of microservices using technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift
- Ability to use machine learning incl. deep learning as a developer
- Experience with standard cloud provider offerings (e.g. IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure) for IaaS, Paas, and SaaS
- Experience in cloud migration/replatforming and infrastructure automation (IaC)
IBM Research Europe – Zurich is a vibrant community of researchers who are collaborating on a global scale and that exploit virtually all fields of science into technologies for our customers and societies. We offer flexible working hours and models and competitive compensation plans.
IBM is committed to diversity at the workplace. With us you will find an open, multicultural environment. Excellent flexible working arrangements enable all genders to strike the desired balance between their professional development and their personal lives.
How to apply
If you are interested in this exciting position, please submit your application below.