Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
The IBM Research Laboratory in Zurich is leading the design of AI based innovative solutions for enterprise visual inspection. The technology created in our team is powering IBM mainstream products, such as Maximo Visual Inspection and has been successfully applied to 3rd longest suspension bridge in the world - the Storebaelt.
We are now looking to strengthen our team with a highly motivated AI/ML Research Engineer. The successful candidate will join our team at the IBM Zurich Research Laboratory, having the opportunity to work in a unique research-corporate environment. In this role, you will be challenged to put together your creativity and development skills, to prototype and bring ideas from simple proof-of-concepts, up to production ready software. As part of our team, you will collaborate with Research Scientists, Software Engineers, Product Teams and Business Developers. Our environment is extremely versatile: you will have the opportunity to grow and evolve your role and responsibilities over time, based on demonstrated business impact and skills. We need our research engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
- Design and develop new capabilities for our visual inspection platform.
- Think and prototype new ideas, validate those based on clear KPIs and implement them into solid production grade code.
- Bridge the technical gap between research and product; adjust popular machine/deep learning methods to work on real enterprise use cases defined by our customers.
- Publish scientific findings in top AI and ML conferences.
- Master’s degree in computer science, machine learning, or related technical field.
- Strong general computer science and machine/deep learning foundation.
- Being up to date with state-of-the-art machine/deep learning methods in at least one subfield (e.g., Computer Vision, Automation, Reinforcement-Learning, NLP, …).
- 3 or more years of experience with Python (preferred), or other programming language.
- 3 or more years of experience with PyTorch/Tensorflow or other ML/DL frameworks.
- Proficiency in working on Unix/Linux environments.
- PhD degree in computer science, or related field, ideally focusing on ML/DL.
- 3 or more years of experience in Computer Vision.
- Track record of publications in top AI / ML conferences.
- Experience with building REST APIs with Python (e.g., FastAPI, Flask, Django, …), Relational and Non-relational databases, CI/CD pipelines and unit testing.
- Experience with cloud computing and public cloud platforms such as the IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, or others.
IBM is committed to diversity at the workplace. With us you will find an open, multicultural environment. Excellent flexible working arrangements enable all genders to strike the desired balance between their professional development and their personal lives.
How to apply
Please submit your most recent curriculum vitae and a short motivation letter and highlight your AI/ML expertise, as well as your software development expertise. Our interview process includes a live coding interview and other technical interviews.