Internship or Master's thesis
Multimodal foundation models for process digitisation and automation
A master’s student or intern position is available for a candidate with a passion for developing intelligent workflows in the natural sciences, a positive and problem-solving attitude and the willingness to undertake challenging tasks that address real-world problems. The candidate will join for at least 4 months (master thesis) or 6 months (internship) the group of Artificial Intelligence for Scientific Discovery at IBM Research in Zurich that is embedded in a strong, worldwide IBM AI science community.
Intelligent workflows, combining cloud and AI technologies, will have profound impacts on industries, increasing the efficiency in R&D processes and accelerating the development and adoption of sustainable solutions. Our team pushes this frontier with a culture of innovation and interdisciplinarity focusing on the creation and consumption of high-quality science.
- Enrolled or in possession of a Master's degree in computer science, physics, chemistry, or engineering with a sincere interest in cloud computing and in developing multimodal foundation models for process digitisation and automation.
- Excellent coding skills.
- Familiarity with Linux environments and software development tools (git/GitHub, IDEs, etc.).
- High amount of creativity and outstanding problem-solving ability.
- Experience in machine learning or cloud.
- Experience with continuous integration pipelines.
- Excellent oral and written English with good presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication.
IBM is committed to diversity at the workplace. With us you will find an open, multicultural environment. Excellent flexible working arrangements enable all genders to strike the desired balance between their professional development and their personal lives.
How to apply
Please submit your CV including contact information for two or three references. We encourage candidates to also share a 3-minute video, in which they introduce themselves, as well as highlight their motivation and expertise. The video is not mandatory.