Cloud Native Software and MLOps Engineer for Data Science and (Real!) Big Data
Are you a coder? Do you like to challenge your peers with the latest and greatest tools and frameworks?
If so, we have a very interesting internship position of 6 months duration for you.
The rapidly changing climate is one of the biggest threats to humanity. We push the frontiers in climate risk and impact modeling to help societies adapt to the increasing weather extremes. We apply ML and DL models on our petabyte scale geospatial-temporal data-lakehouse (IBM’s Environmental Intelligence Suite).
We are looking for a talented and equally enthusiastic software engineer with a strong foundation in cloud native technologies. You will help the team deploy, manage, and improve data management, and deep learning applications on distributed systems with means of continuous integration and delivery. Your code will be delivered directly to IBM product teams, but you will also be able to contribute back to open-source projects. In your daily work, you will interact with a highly skilled and interdisciplinary team of researchers in Zurich and remotely with our colleagues from our global IBM Research labs.
Your skills and experiences:
- Enrolled or in possession a B. Sc. or M. Sc. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering / Architecture, or equivalent.
- Knowledge in cloud native technologies, microservices, container orchestration and distributed big data platforms.
- Experience in testing, debugging, and continuous integration and delivery.
- Data science knowledge with deep learning and MLOps.
- High amount of creativity and outstanding problem-solving ability.
Nice to have:
- Participated in hackathons, open-source projects and contributed to computer science blog posts.
- Experience in full-stack development.
- Computer vision or geospatial analytics domain knowledge.
IBM is committed to diversity at the workplace. With us you will find an open, multicultural environment. Excellent flexible working arrangements enable all genders to strike the desired balance between their professional development and their personal lives.
How to apply
Please submit your CV including contact information for two or three references. We encourage candidates to also share a 3-minute video, in which they introduce themselves, as well as highlight their motivation and expertise. The video is not mandatory.