Internship or Master's thesis
Security and privacy: Research or Engineering Internship
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking brilliant candidates for Master’s thesis, PhD researcher, or engineering internships, who are looking for real-world research or engineering experience at an industrial research lab to work on our ongoing research projects. Depending on the internship topic, the candidate will join a research group in the Security Research department at IBM Research in Zurich, which is one of the leading industrial research organizations in security and cryptography.
The candidate will closely collaborate with world-renowned researchers and engineers on cutting-edge innovations and technologies in all aspects of cryptography, security, and privacy, including:
- Advance foundational cryptography and privacy theory and protocols
- Accelerate the migration from traditional cryptography to quantum-safe cryptography
- Develop and accelerate cryptography technologies, incl. software or hardware
- Bring decentralized trust and digital asset applications to new levels of scale, privacy, and performance
- Amplify cyber security threat detection, reasoning, and response with AI technologies
- Delve into system security challenges incl. memory corruption or speculative execution attacks
- Develop new methods to protect AI against adversarial attacks
We value research skills, innovation, demonstrated systems intuition, systems building experience and a proven desire to implement one’s own ideas. You will help conceive and build the next generation of innovative solutions to address real-world security challenges.
Please get inspired by some of our research activities and latest breakthroughs on our department’s website.
Qualifications and Expertise (varies depending on project)
- System building/debugging/testing skills and software engineering practices
- Solid knowledge of cryptography and privacy
- Building cloud applications experience
- AI and/or Machine Learning techniques and toolkits
- Systems and software security experiences
- Cryptography application and development
- Familiarity with version control, for example git.
IBM is committed to diversity at the workplace. With us you will find an open, multicultural environment. Excellent flexible working arrangements enable all genders to strike the desired balance between their professional development and their personal lives.
How to apply
Please submit your CV including contact information for two or three references. We would also value a short introduction video about you.