Cutting-Edge Measurement Capabilities
IBM Research – Zurich is one of IBM’s 12 global research labs. Our mission comprises cutting-edge research for tomorrow’s information technology and inventing what’s next in computing. Our research activities include quantum computing, hardware for artificial intelligence, next generation semiconductor materials, devices and systems, photonics, as well as nanosciences and nanotechnologies. We cultivate close relationships with academic and industrial partners and are part of the local and global scientific community to help drive Europe’s innovation agenda.
We are seeking an outstanding and passionate Electronic Engineer to join our team. You will play an essential role in enabling world-class measurements and supporting our research teams in a highly collaborative and international research environment. If you're excited about driving groundbreaking measurement capabilities, solving complex problems and supporting other team members, we want to hear from you.
Your responsibilities will include
- Collaborating with a diverse team to build and enhance cutting-edge measurement capabilities.
- Independently assessing requirements for measurement devices and providing innovative solutions.
- Driving electronics development projects autonomously (from design to realization) while fulfilling requests/tasks that facilitate the measurement workflow of IBM researchers.
- Engaging with suppliers and staying updated on the latest device and characterization capabilities and availability.
- Serving as a point of contact for researchers, offering guidance and experienced thinking.
Desired qualifications to excel in this role
- At least 5 years of professional experience after graduation.
- Expertise in low-noise DC and RF electronics (equipment, analog circuits design, bonding, …).
- Interest to create custom-made equipment/cables/connectors.
- Willingness to work with microcontrollers, PCB design (ex. Altium), assembly and testing.
- Interest to work with measurements automation (Python, FPGA, Arduino, …).
- Strong teamwork skills and a desire to contribute and help proactively.
- Good knowledge of German and English.
IBM is committed to diversity at the workplace. With us you will find an open, multicultural environment. Excellent flexible working arrangements enable all genders to strike the desired balance between their professional development and their personal lives.
How to apply
Please submit your application until December 31, if you are interested in this exciting position.