This workshop will bring together experienced clients and business partners with the IBM tape and storage research, development and top-management teams to discuss important topics around
- Data protection
- Virtual tape
Both mainframe and open systems will be covered.
At this 1.5-day workshop, we will explore the latest storage research topics, discuss technology roadmaps and industry trends, and solicit input and feedback from our clients and partners.
This is a very socializing session that allows for significant interaction, idea sharing and networking!
Lab tour included
You will be able to see “live” the equipment used to make the new world-record demonstration of a tape that can potentially store up to 330 TB in a single cartridge!
The 2017 Future of Data Protection & Retention workshop will take place on the leafy campus of the IBM Research – Zurich Laboratory
Is this event right for you?Examine and evaluate how IBM’s storage technologies can deepen your skills and understanding of your organization’s critical storage technology needs.
- Market trends and directions in data retention
- Latest IBM announcements in this area (TS4300, TS7700, TS1155, LTO, SP plus)
- Future development areas
- IBM Research topics around data retention and tape
- LTO and Enterprise tape, a comprehensive comparison
- Where tape fits best (Industry focus: Digital video surveillance, genomics, HPC, seismic…)
- Why tape is crucial for backup (ransomware attacks, tape is last line of defense!)
- Tape imperative For the Internet of Things: New data streams & workflows
- Collect feedback through open discussion with clients and business partners
IBM storage solutions to be covered
- Storage tape and virtual tape (mainframe and open)
- Tape automation (tape libraries)
- Storage software (Spectrum Protect/Archive)