Internships / PhD scholarships
Large Language Models for Data Management Systems
The IBM Research Laboratory is located close to Zurich in Rüschlikon and has a long tradition of cutting edge multi-disciplinary research.
Are you a Master's student, PhD student or a PhD scholarship candidate interested in Large Language Models (LLM) and do you want to experience the excitement of being part of a large industrial research organization? Talk to us!
We are a group of engineers and scientists working at the edge between Natural Language Processing and Data Management Systems. Our mission is to change the way people interact with data in large enterprise data lakes. Our research is multi-disciplinary and we welcome individuals with an interest in generative AI or database technologies. We offer the unique opportunity to publish work while also having impact on products.
We are actively looking for top candidates who are interested in the following topics:
- Natural Language Processing (NLP), especially for code generation
- Alignment of Large Language Models (LLM) to specific use-cases and user needs
- Efficient ML techniques for training/inference (i.e., parameter-efficient fine-tuning, distillation)
- Synthetic generation techniques to create high-quality training datasets
- Probabilistic data structures, indexing, compression, information retrieval
- Enrolled in a Master’s or PhD degree or completed a Master’s degree in computer science or engineering
- Familiarity with LLMs and ML frameworks such as PyTorch/TensorFlow
- Excellent python coding skills and familiarity with git
- Experience with DBMS and SQL
IBM is committed to diversity at the workplace. With us you will find an open, multicultural environment. Excellent flexible working arrangements enable all genders to strike the desired balance between their professional development and their personal lives.
How to apply
If you are interested in this challenging position please submit your application throug the link below.