Research Staff Member / Post-doctoral researcher
Natural language processing
About the position
At IBM Research – Zurich, we are developing cognitive solutions for challenging NLP and text-mining problems on very large, domain-specific, unstructured text documents comprising a mixture of both human and machine-generated content.
The main focus will be to provide solutions to the challenges of interpretation, analysis, information extraction and search (both semantic and keyword based) over large amounts of unstructured text documents, as well as connecting structured and unstructured data. Therefore, knowledge of state-of-the-art NLP and text-mining methods as well as the ability, intelligence and creativity to modify them and advance beyond them are very important. Furthermore, experience in applying techniques for information extraction and harvesting knowledge from high-quality web sources in order to build and curate knowledge bases automatically is highly relevant.
- PhD in Computer Science, NLP, Machine Learning, Computational Linguistics or equivalent with a track record in NLP, machine learning and/or deep learning
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong programming skills in Python/Java or similar
- Ability to conduct independent research
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Familiarity with Keras, Tensorflow or PyTorch and Software engineering experience is a plus
IBM is committed to diversity at the workplace. With us you will find an open, multicultural environment. Excellent flexible working arrangements enable both women and men to strike the desired balance between their professional development and their personal lives.
How to apply
If the above position fits your background, please send your complete CV, including a list of publications, to Dr. Anika Schumann.