Software Engineer Position
Cognitive Computing & Industry Solutions
At IBM Research, we invent things that matter to the world. Today, we are pioneering the most promising and disruptive technologies that will transform industries and society, including the future of AI, Blockchain and Quantum Computing. We are driven to discover. With more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents, IBM Research is one of the world’s largest and most influential corporate research labs. The Research Lab is a place where scientists, professors, and students collaborate to drive the frontiers of AI. If you're interested in working with some of the world’s most talented researchers to advance AI, we may have an opportunity for you!
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Software Engineer to join the Cognitive Computing & Industry Solutions department at IBM Research — Zurich.
Software engineer role
This position requires someone with a strong personal drive and a hands-on attitude to analyze requirements and potential solutions, discussing alternatives with the team, and then lead the implementation. The candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with a very broad team of researchers working on healthcare, medical image processing and systems biology, etc. and will contribute to the architecture definition and implementation of our projects. In addition, s/he will work with a team of world-class researchers to help define and develop novel software stacks, tools and methodologies that enable cutting edge research.
Required technical and professional expertise
- Master’s (required), PhD (preferred) degree, further education in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Data Science, Software Architecture, or a related area is required.
- At least two years of industry experience in software-related positions with design and implementation roles.
- Interest in and ability to learn other coding languages.
- A strong working knowledge of standard tools like Git, Docker, Artifactory, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools such as Jenkins, Travis is essential.
- Experience in testing, debugging, issue tracking and overall quality management.
- Ability to document the system and set documentation guidelines for the team.
- Ability to setup and maintain the infrastructure and tools required for the project.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
IBM is committed to diversity at the workplace. With us you will find an open, multicultural environment. Excellent, flexible working arrangements enable both women and men to strike the desired balance between their professional development and their personal lives.
How to apply
Please send your application documents (CV and cover letter) to Doug Dykeman email@example.com.