The IBM Research – Zurich laboratory is IBM’s leading house for research on alternative qubits and is a partner in the Swiss National Science Foundation project NCCR SPIN.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate to join our team on spin-based quantum computing. The project involves the fabrication of spin qubits in gate-defined quantum dots in silicon.
The successful applicant will be responsible for nanofabrication in our Binnig and Rohrer Nanotechnology Center (BRNC) and will closely collaborate with the BRNC operation team and the scientific team on spin-based quantum computing. This work is embedded in an internationally collaborative research framework within IBM and within the European quantum community.
Candidates applying for this position should fulfill the following requirements:
- Higher academic degree in the fields of physics, engineering or material science and a strong background in semiconductor nanofabrication and CMOS processes.
- Several years of work experience and expert skills for micro- and nanofabrication in a clean-room environment, preferably on fabrication of silicon quantum dots.
- Proficiency in mask design, e-beam lithography and characterization tools.
- Ability to conduct independent work, to work in a team, and to take responsibility.
- Experience in guiding and advising PhD students.
- Good understanding of the requirements of spin qubit devices and cryogenic measurement techniques.
- Ability to correlate data from inspection tools (SEM, TEM) and measurements to improve/trouble shoot processes.
- Systematic and precise approach and ability to make things happen.
- Excellent communication and English language skills.
- Capability and eagerness to learn independently about new subject area(s) and underlying technologies.
IBM is committed to diversity at the workplace. With us you will find an open, multicultural environment. Excellent flexible working arrangements enable all genders to strike the desired balance between their professional development and their personal lives.
How to apply
To apply for the position please send your application documents in a single PDF file. Besides your CV, we kindly ask you to describe in your cover letter how you fulfill the position requirements. Please also indicate which other additional skills you possess that you consider relevant to the application process. This position is available immediately and offered as a regular technician/engineer.