The IBM Zurich Research Laboratory is leading the design of AI based innovative solutions for enterprise visual inspection. The technology created in our team is powering IBM mainstream products, such as Maximo Visual Inspection and has been successfully applied to 3rd longest suspension bridge in the world - the Storebaelt.
We are now looking to strengthen our team with highly motivated AI Software Engineer that will contribute to accelerate our transfer of technology from research to product. The successful candidate will join our team at the IBM Zurich Research Laboratory, having the opportunity to work in a unique research-corporate environment. As part of our team, you will collaborate with research scientists, software engineers, and product development teams to prototype, develop, and implement innovation into large-scale cloud services. As an AI Software Engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to our needs with opportunities to grow and evolve your role and responsibilities over time. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
- Accelerate the transfer of research innovation to IBM products by developing solid production level code
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges along the way
- Assist teams in achieving end-to-end continuous development, testing, integration and deployment of new AI pipelines and methods
- Drive adoption of best practices in code, testing, and maintainability
- Develop a long-term technical vision for the architecture and the platforms together with researchers, offering managers and UI/UX engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of professional software development experience with Python or C/C++ or 1 year with an advanced degree (Master, PhD)
- Proficient working in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience in one or more of the following: machine learning, deep learning, algorithms and data structures, REST APIs, test automation, distributed computing, CI/CD
- Team player, self-motivated with passion for technology and innovation
- Experience working on large scale software projects
- Experience with cloud computing and public cloud platforms such as the IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, and others
- Familiarity with experimental design, research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Independent worker, impact oriented, with the ability to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
IBM is committed to diversity at the workplace. With us you will find an open, multicultural environment. Excellent flexible working arrangements enable all genders to strike the desired balance between their professional development and their personal lives.
How to apply
If you are interested in this exciting position, please submit your most recent curriculum vitae until end of January 2022. Please highlight your development experience and programming/algorithmic skills in your CV/letter. Please prepare for a possible live coding interview, as well as other technical interviews as part of the selection process.